Good financial advice at a young age makes all the difference. That is why we are proud to partner with Summit Credit Union and host a "student branch" at La Follette High School, just past the Welcome Center. Students not only can cash checks, get change, deposit into savings accounts, but SCU also utilizes the help of LHS students in the branch itself. It's a win-win situation!
Through MMSD's partnership with Summit Credit Union your daughter or son gets:
- Money savvy tips when an SCU rep speaks in classrooms
- Financial guidance that can help students manage their money when they open a savings or Student Free Checking Account
- Access to a lot of online financial tools that help your student avoid costly financial mistakes
- A variety of scholarship opportunities
- Access to private student loans to help pay for education expenses that may not be covered by your child's financial aid package
Encourage your student to stop by the Summit Credit Union at La Follette High School (next to the Welcome Center).
Summit Credit Union
Lobby Hours: Open to faculty and students during the lunch period. Our LaFollette High School location is a limited service branch, available to school staff and students. For additional needs, please visit one of our full service branches.
* New members only. Membership requires a primary savings account. Primary Savings Account: Minimum to open $5. Annual Percentage Yield (APY), as of 9/15/14 is 0.10%. Rate may change at anytime. Minimum balance to obtain APY is $25. Student Free Checking: Minimum to open is $25. $10 cash bonus will be deposited to students savings account at account opening. Cash bonuses are considered taxable income and are subject to 1099 tax reporting.