- Close Reading - We will support our students to deeply read rigorous and relevant texts, mark the text to show their critical thinking, and share their ideas with others to learn with and from them
- Close Relationships - We will be “warm demanders” who deeply understand our students and their needs, and teach them skills to build their academic confidence and persistence with hard work
- Close the Gap - As students improve reading, writing, and critical thinking skills, and as they develop confidence and persistence, we expect growth day after day, which will narrow and close the gap between students, so that all of our Lancers are successful
- Believe in yourself - It is a fact that all people can grow with hard work over time. There is nothing you cannot learn or accomplish. Your only limit is what you tell yourself you can’t do, so silence that voice that says “no” or “I can’t” and listen to that loud and proud voice that says “Yes, I can.”
- Never give up - It is sure to happen that our minds will get confused and tired, we will make mistakes, and we will fall short of our expectations. It happens to everyone. But special people like Lancers try and try again, get help from others, and take pride in working hard until they succeed.
- Know your goal - The goal is a 3.0 GPA. With a 3.0, you have choices for where you want to attend college, or what job you want to do. With less than a 3.0, you have less choice. When you have a GPA greater than a 3.0, then you will have colleges and jobs recruiting you!
- Wednesday, August 9th @ Lussier Stadium - Athletic Code Night from 6:00pm-6:45pm. Sport specific break out sessions start at 7:00pm. Food carts will be present for families to purchase food.
- Friday, August 11th - Enrollment for students new to the MMSD from 11:00am-6:30pm.
- Tuesday, August 15th - All-student registration from 11:00am-6:30pm.
- Friday, August 18th - All-student registration from 7:30am-1:00pm.
- Wednesday, August 23rd - 9th Grade Parent and Student Social from 6:30pm-8:00pm.
- Tuesday, September 5th - 9th grade student orientation (only 9th graders attend school) from 8:16am-2:00pm.
- Wednesday, September 6th - All students start school 8:16am-3:39pm.
Looking forward to a great year, Lancers!
Principal Sean Storch