This year is off to an amazing start. It is a pleasure walking the halls of La Follette watching the positive interactions with our students and staff. I have enjoyed sharing in that back-to-school excitement in our classrooms and hallways. What a great place to do high school!
This school year, we are committed to disrupting inequities and creating conditions for learning, innovation and reflection. We will continue to encourage and support students to take academic risks. That’s part of our theory of action. This year, La Follette students will:
- Feel valued, be connected and have powerful experiences
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Be confident and competent learners who achieve the graduate vision
La Follette staff are committed to collaborating to deliver engaging, rigorous tasks that:
- Reflect a deep knowledge of our students
- Intentionally create multiple entry points
- Develop content mastery and build community
I am committed to a great school year, and I want to thank you all for your support in an excellent start. I will continue to share updates, and you’re always welcome to reach out to me.
Respectfully and Educationally,