****La Follette Local Scholarship****
- What: Application putting you in the running for 40-50 local scholarships
- Completion time: About 1 hour. You CAN'T SAVE THIS APPLICATION half way through and come back to it, so you must complete it all at once. It would be a good idea to scroll down to Essay Questions, do some planning on those, and then come back when you are ready to type answers in. Your name will be removed when scoring your application, so please submit thoughtful responses.
- Application Opens: December 1st of each year - The link will be sent to seniors school email
- Deadline: January 31st at midnight of each year
- Eligibility Requirements
- A senior that is on-track to graduate
- Planning to continue your education after high school at a 4 year college/university, technical college including college transfer and technical/vocational programs, or a 2 year UW System school
- Attending La Follette for a minimum of 6 full terms, one of which must be the 16th term or, in the case of early graduation, the final term
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Common Questions about the FAFSA
- FAFSA Forecaster - get an early personalized estimate of their eligibility for federal student financial aid
- Net Price Calculator Center - find ANY college's net price calculator to determine cost of attendance and what costs the student/family will be responsible for
- College/University Financial Aid Offices - direct contact information, important dates, and forms, etc
- Federal Student Aid - plethora of information on the types of aid, how to apply for aid, and how to manage loans
- How to fill out the FAFSA (video)
- After the FAFSA: What Happens Next?
- Am I Dependent or Independent?
- Who Is My "Parent" When I Fill Out the FAFSA
FORMS AND APPLICATIONS
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE & IDOC Service (Only complete if your college/university requires it)
- Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP) is a tuition reduction program that makes attending out of-state colleges and universities more affordable for non-resident students. Participating students will typically realize savings between $500 and $5,000 annually.
- Minnesota-Wisconsin Tuition Reciprocity Application (Minnesota public institutions ONLY. For MN Private and Technical Colleges, apply directly to the financial aid office of that institution. You MUST complete this application in order to qualify for Reciprocity, otherwise you will pay out of state tuition).
DONATING TO LHS
- Contact Linda Dresang for all at 204-3659