Events in the Community
Greater Milwaukee College Workshop - Learn tips on how to select the college that will be the "Best Fit", pay for college and save money, better understand the financial aid process, and much more!
Wisconsin Education Fair - WEF includes in its participant list all UW state universities and centers, Wisconsin's independent colleges and universities, Wisconsin technical colleges, and many out-of-state institutions. In addition, many community colleges, trade schools, and the national service organizations, such as the armed forces are represented.
Casa Abierta - UW Milwaukee Bilingual Day - participate in a resource fair, take part in breakout sessions about high school preparation, admission to UWM and financial aid, attend a student panel; ask questions and get the answers from the student perspective, enjoy a campus tour
En este evento tendrán la oportunidad de participar en:
• Una feria de recursos e información
• Talleres de Preparación para el colegio, admisiones, y asistencia económica.
• Podrán hacer preguntas a un panel de estudiantes exitosos
• Tomar un tour de la universidad.
**See LHS Counselor - Ms. Emily for the Registration Form
- Experience Madison College (Open House) - Talk to deans, teachers and students about the exciting programs and certificates at Madison College
- Instant Application Night - Get help filling out a FREE application, learn about resources, get gear and snacks
- Youth Career & College Fairs - Aimed at supporting Latino, Asian, and African American youth in a deeper understanding of the job market and college admission process
College Goal Wisconsin - A national event that provides free information and assistance to families who are filling out the FAFSA. Events at La Follette & Memorial High Schools this year. See flier for more details
Events at La Follette
Financial Aid Night/College Goal Wisconsin - La Follette - October 11th, 2017 @ 6pm, Memorial - November 8th, 2017 @ 6pm
- FREE one-on-one help completing the FAFSA
- Students can enter a drawing to win a scholarship!
Parent Teacher Conferences/College Check-In w/ your Counselor - October 19th, 2017 at 4:30-8pm
- Seniors: please set up a Senior Conference appointment with your counselor. Link to their calendar here
Post High School Planning Night - December 6th, 2017 at 6pm
- Post High School Options Power Point
- Fast Facts, Current Trends, & How to Support your Student
- KBurks Personal Statement
- My Plan: Where Am I Going After I Graduate
Incoming Freshmen Scheduling Night - January 24th, 2018 6:30pm