FORMAL SENIOR PORTRAITS FOR THE YEARBOOK – DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 27, 2019
In addition to making sure that your Yearbook Portrait is vertical, not lying down or upside down and cropped at least at your waistline, the La Follette High School yearbook staff and administration has formal portrait dress guidelines for senior portraits to be included in the yearbook.
RECOMMENDED considered suitable for publication are, but not limited to, the following:
• Stick with clothes that you already own, and love
• Show off your culture and traditions
• Make sure your outfit looks good in a vertical, head and shoulder shot
• Get that underwear right, use it and cover it!
• Have your picture taken with several different outfits so you have enough to pick from when it comes time to submit your picture on or before Friday, September 27, 2019.
NOT considered suitable for publication are, but not limited to, the following:
• Others in the picture with the senior: no children, spouses, friends, relatives or pets.
• No props (sports uniforms, athletic gear, instruments, etc.).
• Hats or any head gear. Exception for religious purposes
• Clothing which does not cover the chest and upper torso. Avoid looking naked in a picture with tight head and shoulder crop.
• Any apparel with rips, holes or see-through.
• Weapons of any kind.
• Students may not wear clothing with vulgar or obscene statements or statements or pictures promoting illegal drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sex, violence or gang activities.
• Anything that is inflammatory in regard to race, religion or heritage.
• No photographer watermarks
Seniors and/or their parents may choose to have portraits taken as they desire for personal use; however the above specifications must be followed for the picture to be included in the yearbook. Please review this list and keep these guidelines in mind when you schedule senior pictures; share with your photographer so that they understand what is acceptable for yearbook submission. Your cooperation is requested. Please review MMSD Dress Code Policy as needed.
If a photo is not supplied, the student’s Lifetouch photo will be used if they had one taken at the beginning of the year. In order to have the picture in to the Statesman by the deadline, we strongly recommend that you have the picture taken by mid-July. This is one deadline that cannot be missed, as the yearbook staff has its own deadlines that must be met in order to get the yearbook out on time at the end of the school year. The senior section will be completed before the end of first semester and to press by winter break; so don’t hesitate or your senior will not be in the book!
If you have financial concerns with getting your senior a professional photo taken, please contact Donna Kennedy at email@example.com so that we can arrange to have a professional photographer take your students’ picture at La Follette in mid-September prior to submission deadline of Friday, Sept. 27, 2019. There is no cost to the family and a CD will be supplied so that you can have pictures made at your discretion.
Submit your senior picture on a flash drive or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO RESERVE A YEARBOOK, ORDER DURING SUMMER REGISTRATION Yearbook reserves the right to edit, or refuse publication of any photograph deemed inappropriate by the yearbook staff and/or administration.